Monday, March 28, 2011

...

     Well this blog is gonna suck for me. I have learned that stippling takes too much time in pen and ink. That's more for artists who have talent, and the time to do that sort of thing, but I'll finish it. I feel I have improved my hand drawings in many ways. I feel as if they have themselves evolved onto the paper, and they never stop surprising me. I know my stippling is going along okay. Just the time factor that is the pain.
     I have been thinking of other hand ideas. I wanna do the stippling series, but only one will be in pen and ink. My next one will be in acrylic, and the bones of the hands will be in basic shapes. Something else that I've learned that I've been getting inspired from movies, and a book I'm currently reading.
     I know I still need to improve on stippling, and maybe do hands in a different form, or make them something different then just their basic skeletal anatomy. I feel my new hand piece of fire transforming into a hand will be somewhat of a challenge, but at least it's something new. I just don't have a lot of inspiration anymore to do art, or anything for that matter.
     I don't see myself in 3 years. I don't wanna look forward to the future. I wanna hope to get through the next 2 hours cause I never know where I'm gonna be, or what I'm gonna do. The only thing that is for certain in my life right now is that I'll get to sleep at some point. The most important thing I've learned this school year is to always look for something new.
     I know one thing I got out of this class.......I have no idea what my life is gonna be like after I'm done with high school, and life will have a wide open gap hopefully with new opportunities.

4 comments:

  1. I think your stippling project looks good. It just takes a lot of time so don't quit you will eventually finish it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zach! Everything is going to be fine, when I'm feeling down and stressed I try and get really excited for something upcoming. Right now it is spring break, then prom, then bloom, then graduation, then summer. Ya I have it all planned out basically. It works for me, because sometimes I feel kinda like this too! Be happy:)
    Also, getting inspired by a book and movies and stuff like that is awesome, and I haven't seen much of your work but I hope to see it soon in bloom or something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're doing very well for having changed your concentration a few hundred times haha. I thin you should explore doing other hand drawings that aren't just bone structures. Try some photography and painting and other creative 2D mediums. And get conceptual with your hands. Think of each project as a "day in the life of a hand" kind of thing. Every piece will be interesting and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stippling takes forever!! I remember when Liz was stippling that tree landscape picture, it took her a couple days just to do one box. If you stick with it though it will turn out good, because I think it is coming along good and you should keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete